The teaky saloon of the ol' Betty Jane ...the perfect place to blog yer heart out!

The Start Of The Great Beautification


Take a close look at this image of Betty Jane. Does she look just a tad lackluster to you? A little pale, perhaps even a little chalky? If so, the reason's as simple and straightforward as the juxtaposition of apple pie and Blue Bell Home Made vanilla ice cream.

Betty's not had any kind of wax applied to her lovely (but somewhat aged) skin for pretty close to a year now. Why? Who knows exactly why, although lack of time and energy is part of the dilemma. But hey, I am preparing to do a super-duper wax extravaganza on Betty pretty soon, by which I mean as soon as I can get a weekend free and the mercury inches into the 60s or higher. I mean, son, it's been cold down here in northern Florida lately. And I mean COLD!!!!!!

My tools, I think, are gonna be few. I've got a few extra polishing pads for my 6-inch Porter-Cable orbital power sander on hand, a couple of admittedly old bottles of 3M Finess-It (to remove the matrices of millions of dark dots that cover many flat surfaces...I'm praying these babies are air-pollution-related, not fabric ridges peeking through gel coat) , and a big ol' bottle of collagen-type wax to protect Betty's pristine fiberglass...once it's rendered pristine via the hellish Porter-Cable/Finess-It combo.

I'll let you know how it all comes out. Or more to the point, I'll show you a picture of how things come out and give you a rundown on what to do for success and what not to do. One way or the other, the whole project should be fun. Heck, it's been worth fantasizing about for months now.


No comments: